Kubernetes Multicontainer : Prometheus is an open-source systems monitoring and alerting toolkit originally built at SoundCloud. Since its inception in 2012, many companies and organizations have adopted Prometheus, and the project has a very active developer and user community.
Prometheus components include: Kubernetes Multicontainer
The main Prometheus server, which includes a retrieval/collection component for collecting metric data from your services and systems (i.e., from various Prometheus exporters); a time-series database TSDB for storing data; and an API for querying stored data
Alertmanager, the alert engine
- Pushgateway for pushing select metrics into Prometheus
- Prometheus is designed for reliability, to be the system you go to during an outage to allow you to quickly diagnose problems.
- Each Prometheus server is standalone, not depending on network storage or other remote services. You can rely on it when other parts of your infrastructure are broken, and you do not need to setup extensive infrastructure to use it.
- Don’t require extensive infrastructure to use it.Kubernetes Multicontainer
- Statistics provided aren’t detailed enough. So it is not completely reliable.